Recycling - Chanhassen, Eden Prairie, Prior Lake, Savage & Shakopee Only
Note: Recycling services in Edina, Minnetonka & Plymouth are provided by these cities through city contracted vendors. For information on these cities' recycling programs please refer to the websites for Edina, Minnetonka, and Plymouth.
Recycling is important to the environment so it's important to us!
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to recycle, so with Suburban Waste you can simply throw all your recyclables in one recycling cart that is collected every second week.
The recycling cart is similar to your regular trash cart except it is clearly marked for Recyclables only.
To ensure prompt service, please have your recycle cart at curbside by 7:00 a.m. on collection day.
Recycling pickup is every other week.
DO Recycle these items ...
- Newspaper, advertising inserts, magazines, catalogs, phone books
- Direct mail advertising, envelopes
- Colored paper, fax sheets
- Boxboard (4 C's) ~ cereal, cake, chips and corrugated card board (remove cellophane and foil liners)
- Paperback books, file folders, note books, clean paper bags
- Metal food cans & aluminum beverage cans (rinse)
- Glass bottles & jars (remove lids and caps; rinse)
- Plastic bottles (rinse & throw away lids, pumps & metal handles). Examples include: soda bottles, water bottles, shampoo bottles, milk containers, laundry containers.
- Plastic grocerey bags
- Pizza Boxes
DON'T Recycle these items ...
- Aerosol cans, paint cans, motor oil cans
- Plastic cups, plastic dishware, plastic utensils
- Plastic wrap, plastic bags
- Paper plates, paper towels and any other paper products that have come in contact with food
- Aluminum foil, wire, copper pipe
For more information on recycling and waste disposal in Hennepin County, please go to the following website:
Includes information on how to recycle more, proper disposal of household hazardous wastes, backyard composting and yard care; a list of drop off facilities, hours of operation, and the items they accept; a "How-To-Get-Rid-Of-It" Guide; and much, much more.
Other recycling and item disposal websites are listed on our Other Links webpage.